Changes Psychological Services, PLLC is an in-network provider for all Blue Cross Blue Shield plans (HMO, PPO, FEP). We also accept Georgetown University Student Health Insurance (GUSHI) and process claims on behalf of our clients. We do NOT participate with Medicare or Medicaid.
During your initial phone consultation, we will verify your mental health insurance benefits. Please have your insurance card available for reference. All copays, coinsurance and/or deductibles are due at the time services are rendered (see Payment options below).
For all other insurance providers, we are considered out-of-network. However, you may be eligible for reimbursement of payment through your health insurance company. Please check your coverage carefully. It may be helpful to ask the following questions when contacting your insurance administrator:
- Do I have out-of-network mental health insurance benefits?
- What, if any, is my deductible and has it been met?
- Is there a limit on how many sessions per year my insurance covers?
- Are there any pre-authorization requirements?
- What is the coverage for 90791 (diagnostic intake) and 90837 (60-minute therapy) in an office?
- What are the allowable amounts for 90791 and 90837, respectively?
- Is a referral required from my primary care physician?
- Are there any forms that need to be completed by my therapist in order for me to receive reimbursement?
Please note that the above list is intended as a guideline, and not meant to be exhaustive.
We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Patients can also use their HSA and/or FSA cards to pay for appointments. Payment is due at the time services are rendered.